- By Amanda Pruitt
- Posted Thursday, March 16, 2023
Don't Wait - Apply now for LIEAP!
The LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program) application deadline is March 31, 2023!
LIEAP is a federally funded program that provides a one-time vendor payment to help eligible households pay their heating bills during winter (December - March annually). Households must be responsible for paying heating costs separately from other housing/utility bills.
Applying is easy!
- Pick up + drop off a paper LIEAP application at the Department of Social Services, or
- Apply online via ePass.nc.gov, or
- By Calling (336) 703-3800 to request an application via phone.
Applicants are encouraged to provide the following with their application:
- Heating source provider name (Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas, etc) + account number or a copy of a recent bill
- Household's income received in February 2023
For more information - contact DSS at (336) 703-3800.