- By Virginia Alejo Lopez
- Posted Monday, January 23, 2023
Dining with Diabetes Online Series
N.C. State Extension is offering a Dining With Diabetes Online Series designed for adults 18 years and older at risk for type 2 diabetes. This series is recommended for those with prediabetes, type 2 diabetes or other insulin-resistant conditions, people with other conditions that would benefit from this program, and their families and caregivers.
Join us for this 4-week Dining With Diabetes Online session(s) beginning Tuesday, February 21st from 5:30 PM to 7 PM through March 14, 2023.
On Tuesdays, we will have a virtual program and cooking demonstration.
- February 21, 2023, 5:30 -7 pm
- February 28, 2023, 5:30 -7 pm
- March 07, 2023, 5:30 - 7 pm
- March 14, 2023, 5:30 - 7 pm
Session(s) components include:
- What is Diabetes?
- Carbohydrates and Sweeteners
- Fats and Sodium
- Vitamins, Mineral, and Fiber
- Collection of recipes for Main Dishes, Side Dishes, and Desserts
Dining with Diabetes Series Program Objectives:
- Increase knowledge about healthy foods
- Present healthy versions of familiar foods
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques
- Provide food demonstrations of new recipes
- Provide basic information regarding diabetes and nutrition
- Provide opportunities for sharing and learning from one another and from diabetes health professionals
To register for this series, please click on the link below: